The ability to communicate a message to an audience – in formal public speaking situations and also more informal settings – while using the voice effectively and expressively is a valuable skill for people of all ages. Join us for a 6-session programme and discover how you can look after and care for your voice, get the best out of your vocal abilities, and become a confident and dynamic presenter and communicator (and be able to guide other people of various ages in doing the same).
- Basic elements of effective speech – articulation, posture and breathing
- Developing the ability to speak expressively
- Understanding emphasis, rhythm and melody in speech
- Techniques for effective public speaking, presentation and general communication
- Working with others to develop their confidence in communication
This course will be of interest to:
- People who want to develop their ability to communicate expressively and capture an audience’s attention.
- People who want to develop confidence in public speaking and presenting, with effective techniques for structuring a presentation and delivering a message.
- Teachers and educators who want to communicate and use their voice more effectively and be able to help students do the same.
- Anyone who uses their voice to communicate regularly as part of their work or daily routine and wants to learn how to look after it and use it well.
This course is Module B of the Julia Gabriel Foundation Teaching Certificate (Speech & Drama) programme. It is also open to anyone who is interested in developing the skills of communication, presentation and effective use of the voice.
Eligible for Skills Development Fund (SDF) and SkillsFuture Credit
Course Code: CRS-N-0045972
For more information on SkillsFuture Credit go to: www.skillsfuture.sg/credit
Contact the Julia Gabriel School of Education
To find out more about Julia Gabriel School of Education’s programmes or to submit corporate group registrations, please contact us at:
Telephone: 6496 9405