Julia Gabriel Foundation Teaching Certificate (Speech & Drama)
The Julia Gabriel Foundation Teaching Certificate (Speech & Drama), or JGFTC, is an intensive 5-month part-time training programme for adults who wish to learn about teaching speech and drama for children aged 3 to 8. The programme provides support for novice and student teachers in the classroom while they learn.
- Drama in the classroom
- Development of voice and speech
- Using language: Poetry, prose and stories
- Teaching: Methodologies and classroom management
- Working with individual children
- Students on the course also take part in:
- Practical teaching / supervised teaching
- Individual clinics
- Assessment and moderation for the Julia Gabriel Foundation Teaching Certificate (English Speech & Drama)
A certificate or diploma in preschool teaching, or a diploma or degree in another relevant subject area.
All applicants will be called for an admission interview before being offered a place on the course.
Participants who do not have any background in early childhood education are also eligible to apply but they must also attend our child development and learning module – ‘A Child’s World’ (see details below).
Two evening workshop sessions per week (2½ hours per session) covering theory and practical elements at Julia Gabriel Centre.
Class attachment: 1½ hours per week.
Eligible for Skills Development Fund (SDF) and SkillsFuture Credit
Course Code: CRS-N-0012510
For more information on SkillsFuture Credit go to www.skillsfuture.sg/credit
Contact the Julia Gabriel School of Education
If you would like to find out more about Julia Gabriel School of Education’s programmes, you can contact us at:
Tel: 6496 9405
Sign up for course preview.