Mindfulness has been a part of Julia Gabriel Education for many years. It is clear that mindful practices provide young school children with numerous benefits, including self-awareness, strategies for increased focus and attention, a stronger sense of wellbeing, as well as the confidence to express their feelings and emotions.
This December, help your child master the following:
- develop a deeper sense of self-awareness and positive self-image
- develop a sense of self-appreciation and self-acceptance
- explore and understand the 24 character strengths (according to the VIA Inventory of Strengths)
- understand how to self-reflect and observe thoughts, feelings and physical sensations
- explore the value of kindness and teamwork
- develop an awareness and appreciation of others
- understand the meaning of and develop a Growth Mindset
- enable children to cope during stressful times and face challenges positively
Each day students will explore, individually and in groups, activities including drama games, role play, design challenges, problem solving, discussions, sharing stories and journaling. As they progress, students will acquire a number of techniques that will help them develop mindful breathing and emotional literacy, enabling them to engage positively in their learning during the camp and beyond.
This December, we invite early primary students to take a moment to breathe, centre themselves and understand how they can navigate their primary school journey with a greater sense of calm and confidence.