A Child’s World
This course which focuses on child development and early learning helps adults to better understand children. Taught by senior early childhood educators from Julia Gabriel Centre and Chiltern House Preschool, the course teaches participants about the physical, cognitive, language, social and emotional development of children from birth through to the age of 8. Participants develop awareness and sensitivity to children’s needs, learn what to expect from children as they grow, and discover how to create a warm and secure learning environment while helping children reach their full potential.
- Learning in the early years (birth to age 8)
- Inter-related stages of development in young children including language and communication
- The child’s understanding of the physical world
- The child as a social being
- Creativity and the growing child
- Observing children’s behaviour and development
- Children with additional needs
The 12-week course involves one 2½-hour evening session each week.
The course acts as a bridging course to the Julia Gabriel Foundation Teaching Certificate (Speech & Drama) programme for individuals who do not have an early childhood education background, and is also open to anyone who wants to develop their understanding of how young children learn and grow.
Course Code: CRS-N-0022867
For more information on SkillsFuture Credit go to www.skillsfuture.sg/credit
Contact the Julia Gabriel School of Education
If you would like to find out more about Julia Gabriel School of Education’s programmes, you can contact us at:
Tel: 6496 9405
Sign up for course preview.