Julia Gabriel Centre has been teaching communication, speech and drama programmes in mainstream Singapore schools since 1995. The programmes for the schools have been developed and refined in partnership with the English department of each school to meet the specific needs of their students.
The development of speech communication skills through our carefully structured programmes help students to build awareness and techniques required for good standard English speech. Students move progressively towards mastery, building confidence and enjoyment of communication, presentation and performance.
All our classes are supported by:
- Julia Gabriel Centre’s experienced, qualified, specialist teachers.
- Low student-to-teacher ratios (usually 1:20 or less).
- A planned, progressive curriculum.
- Based on continuous growth and acquisition of skills at each level, the curriculum is reviewed regularly to ensure that our programmes meet the needs of the schools we work with.
- Specially prepared material: Original material prepared by our team of specialist teachers.
- Presentations for parents: Our teachers are available for presentations to parents about our programmes during school orientation for parents.
- Presentations for students: We are also available to talk to students about our programmes during school assembly.
- Certificates: Certificates of participation from Julia Gabriel Centre can be arranged for students upon satisfactory completion of a programme.
- Evaluation forms: Evaluation forms are given out to students at the end of each programme. The school concerned is given an analysis report on the evaluation forms. In this way we open the communication channels between the school, the students and us.
- Teacher observations: All members of the school academic staff are welcome to observe and participate in any class held at their school.